Re: Distributed SCM in Gnome (Was: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?))

On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 09:42 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le samedi 15 septembre 2007, �1:44 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod a �it :
> > Ok, lets be fair:  most people who care about hacking on GNOME already
> > know git, why should other options be selected?
>
> I don't think it is fair to state this. A lot of people certainly care
> about hacking on GNOME and don't know git (and don't care about it).
>
> [sorry, this doesn't add anything useful to the debate]
>
> Vincent

I agree. Though this is something important to say Vincent, as its
apparently not clear to everyone.

It's wholly wrong to declare that "most want GIT" without backing it up.
Without some figures, a survey or more people joining in the GIT++
corner, its just fanboyism.