Re: Distributed SCM in Gnome (Was: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?))

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 11:41 -0400, Bryan Clark wrote:

> GNOME is not in need of a DSCM or any other kind of new SCM.  For
> source control, SVN works fine, just like CVS worked fine.

You probably have not used git-bisect before.  After you use it once,
all you can do is regret all the time you've spent manually bisecting
using CVS/SVN.  This even happened to me yesterday.  Bug 474897:

  - Sat 16:54 UTC I report a regression against devhelp and leave it
alone, hoping that someone picks it up.

  - Mon 17:33 UTC Richard Hult blames it on Gtk+ and bisects using his
git-svn Gtk+ checkout and points to the commit causing the regressions.

  - Mon 18:10 UTC I have committed the fix to SVN.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759