Re: Updating our list of GNOME contributors

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 08:39 -0300, Germ�Po�ama�rote:
> On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 01:06 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 12:58 +0000, Iain * wrote:
> > >
> > > Seeing as this is the only real reason for having this (I mean, who
> > > else has ever run the about program and looked at all the names in
> > > it)
> >
> > I'm not sure what the purpose of this message of you was, but anyway,
> > I've done that a few times.  Mostly when I was not maintaining anything
> > in GNOME.  So yes, there are people who do that (and yes, they are
> > probably all geeks).
> >
> > So what are we going to do?  Add 1000 new names?  Where to put the cut?
> > A simpler solution is to remove it.
>
> Another one is put it them only members of GNOME Foundation.  It
> supposed to be integrated by active members in the last two years
> (4 releases).

Foundation members makes a lot of sense to me.  I'm all for it.  Keep
the old list, don't remove them.  Just from now on, add new Foundation
members.  Easy and deterministic.  If anyone cares to be there, they
should also care about becoming a member.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759