Re: Updating our list of GNOME contributors

> I think it would be a shame to drop the credits
> for our past contributors.  We're standing on the
> shoulder of giants.

The giants are not the ones it matters to, they have their names tattooed
over everything. You are standing on the shoulders of a small army of
minor contributors, who probably are not recognized elsewhere or known
anyway, their names should stay IMHO.

It also avoids the question of "appropriate copyright notice" (GPL clause
1) and compliance with various national laws that protect authors rights
to be acknowledged for their authorship.

I'd be for putting the older contributors at the bottom of the list and
the current ones at the top. It'll put me right down the bottom but thats
only fair.