Re: Updating our list of GNOME contributors

On 3/6/07, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
> Bonus points for making it take less than, ya know, about a million
> hours to go through the whole list :)

Yeah, one-by-one alphabetical order doesn't sound very friendly.
/me remembers the old Win95 contributors easter egg...

An older version of gnome-about had an ability to speed up the list (I
think by hitting the spacebar or maybe an arrow key) _and_ was
alphabetical.  I liked it a lot better that way, personally.  The
combination of being alphabetical and allowing me to dramatically
speed it up meant that I could make it whiz through and get to any
specific name I wanted (e.g. mine) rather quickly.  The random order
it uses the last time I looked meant there was essentially no way to
show off to a friend how famous you were.

Yeah, I know this is kind of egotistical, but isn't the whole point of
showing contributors in gnome-about to give them a chance to brag a
little bit?