Re: Updating our list of GNOME contributors

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 12:50 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:

> I thought this was GNOME we're talking about. We do professional
> software, not pointless eye-candy, right? I'm not saying professional
> looking software has to be boring, but there seems to be a tendency to
> go over the top with GL effects on the desktop at the moment.

Most professional software doesn't have a list of contributors.  Are you
suggesting that we remove it?  I'm fine with that, but if we are going
to keep it, we may as well have some fun and make it look nice.  It's a
useless piece of dialog otherwise.  We may as well use it to show off
some cool things you can do with GNOME technology.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759