Re: Updating our list of GNOME contributors

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 08:39 -0300, Germ�Po�ama�rote:
> On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 01:06 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 12:58 +0000, Iain * wrote:
> > >
> > > Seeing as this is the only real reason for having this (I mean, who
> > > else has ever run the about program and looked at all the names in
> > > it)
> >
> > I'm not sure what the purpose of this message of you was, but anyway,
> > I've done that a few times.  Mostly when I was not maintaining anything
> > in GNOME.  So yes, there are people who do that (and yes, they are
> > probably all geeks).
> >
> > So what are we going to do?  Add 1000 new names?  Where to put the cut?
> > A simpler solution is to remove it.

Please no.  Personal recognition is an important
hallmark of free software development.

> Another one is put it them only members of GNOME Foundation.  It
> supposed to be integrated by active members in the last two years
> (4 releases).
>
> Also, as a geek thing, it could encourage(?) to contributors to
> being part of the foundation.

I think it would be a shame to drop the credits
for our past contributors.  We're standing on the
shoulder of giants.

--
Shaun