Re: Proposed module: tracker

About desktop search in general I think I better mention the work
we've been doing over on the xdg list at fdo at this point.

DISCLAIMER: This is not directly related to the tracker inclusion proposal.

We have started a project called Wasabi whose goal is to come up with
cross platform specs and apis regarding desktop search and metadata
storage (two different but related goals).

Our work is still in flux so I wont provide any links here - those
whole really want to look at it (or get involved) should head over to
xdg.

When we have stable proposals there will be a "hearing round" where
gnome d-d-l (and other relevant parties are notified).

The catch here is of course that Gnome need only decide whether or not
to adopt the Wasabi specs since the "low level" apis are dbus
interfaces, this way there's no need to settle on concrete
technologies. The dbus interfaces will of course be accompanied by
toolkit bindings when we get to that.

Cheers,
Mikkel