Re: Call for a Gnome Media Center
- From: Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
- To: Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Call for a Gnome Media Center
- Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:50:43 +0000
On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 11:08 +0000, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> as we do with the icons (for the cache) and the MIME associations, we
> (gtk+) can provide a small tool for installing the desktop places
> gtk-bookmark-install sound-juicer.places
> this tool can do conflict resolution
How? Surely we just want to stick with one default (unless the user or
admin changes it) and stick with it?
> > Should "the desktop"
> > ship a standard set of bookmarks
> this too could be doable for standard installations. another
> interesting bit is the ability for system administrators to add
> places to internal resources for their users.
This is quite a compelling use case: so what now - anyone want to start
hacking on this?
] [Thread Prev