Re: GUnique [Was: gnome-utils branched for GNOME 2.16]

Elijah Newren wrote:
And gedit will be started if it isn't already, and reused otherwise,
with no race conditions.

Uh, with no race conditions affecting the number of gedit processes, I
think you mean.  There's focus and workspace race conditions, unless
D-Bus launches gedit appropriately (e.g. uses
libstartup-notification).  Is it possible to have D-Bus launch using
libstartup-notification?

In this case I don't think that's what's wanted - instead of passing the startup notification stuff in env variables, we want to put it in the args to this Launch() method (or whatever it ends up being called). The timestamp and workspace and so forth need to come from the app invoking Launch(), not from dbus.

(To answer the question yes dbus could either use libstartup-notification or do similar work, if it were needed)

Havoc