Re: GUnique [Was: gnome-utils branched for GNOME 2.16]

Jeff Waugh wrote:
Is this API appropriate for GTK+ and adaptable for use with Windows
and OS X?

OS X could use the bacon backend (that uses Unix domain sockets).

On Windows AF_UNIX is not available, but Windows has named pipes that are more similar to sockets than to Unix named pipes. However only the client part of named pipes is supported on Windows 9x/Me. If we want to support Windows 9x/Me we could use mailslots[1] or plain sockets.

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ipc/base/about_mailslots.asp

--
Marco Barisione
http://www.barisione.org/