Re: [Usability] 'Browsing Removeable Device' heading in Nautilus. WAS: Re: Drive applet by default

--- Who <mailforwho googlemail com> wrote:

> I have made a mock-up of a different solution to
> this that I have been thinking
> of for a while - see the attached image, sorry it is
> highly compressed

Looks good, but it's a bit wordy.

- Don't use scare quotes on the word "eject" the first
time.
- it's a little bit convoluted to tell users to go via
the device icon when you're providing an eject button
right there.
- "browsing" doesn't apply to spatial windows.

How about:

"This folder is on a removable device"/"This is a
removable device" (depending on whether it's the
top-level folder)
"You must eject it before unplugging it."

Also, have you seen my enhancement request for help
menu items for special Nautilus folders?
The GNOME User Guide has a section on working with
removable media, so this type of folder could link to
that.
What does the Usability list think about having a help
button on this sort of Nautilus folder bar?

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html