Re: International Space Station Images

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 23:39 +0400, Maxim Udushlivy wrote:
> Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> > So, the attitude we can expect from a person whom wants to contribute
> > something to GNOME in terms of organisation and policies is to try and
> > understand the current organisation, policies and goals; and only after
> > that, proposing to change something (complete with a nice road map and
> > rationales for every point).
> >
> > Ciao,
> >  Emmanuele.
> >

> Hi, thanks for directions. :-)
> My main suggestion is a position of a Gnome Moderator. It's difficult to
> prove his importance with a roadmap since it is only possible to appeal
> to a common sense and imagination: graphs won't help. By the way, here
> is a good description:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_moderator

GNOME is like a commune. Everyone involved in the community is at some
level, a moderator. We don't need an official "moderator" person. What
a boring job that would be.

> My next point is that Gnome and GTK+ should part their ways (like Qt and
> KDE which are separate entities). I tried to explain rationales in my
> letter:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/desktop-devel-list gnome org/msg06771.html

GNOME and GTK+ *ARE* separate. GNOME is a platform that depends on GTK+.
KDE is a platform that depends on QT. What's the difference here?

-- dobey