Re: Focusing on innovation re: mono, python et al

Iain * wrote:
> Once again, who are we targetting with the desktop. Apple know who
> they're targetting, which is probably why text editor and terminal are
> not high on the list of features.

I thought we were targeting a desktop platform for ISV to integrate it?
  In that case it make sense to provide modules.

BTW what about providing the Office suite first? Because Gnome
penetration is first into large "business" [1] deployment, and and
Office suite is more likely to hit that target. We still don't, but
distribution vendors do.

Nobody install Gnome as is, but everybody install a distribution that
comes with Gnome (or KDE). That is were things are, and distribution
vendor are our first ISVs.

Hub

[1] business  as in opposition to home market: cities, universities,
whatever were people do *productive* work and not hobby/entertainment,
which is essentially e-mail, web-based, office (word processing,
spreadsheets), etc.