Re: gtk-engines photographed eating children

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 05:31:25 +1100, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
> <quote who="Andrew Johnson">

> In an attempt to be perfectly clear: libmist.so is now (gtk-engines) 2.6.x
> where it was previously (gnome-themes) 2.9.x.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but didn't both Thomas and Andrew point
out that these were version numbers that _you_ made up?
(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2005-January/msg00445.html,
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2005-January/msg00454.html)
 It looks like individual engines have their own version number, but
that they had a a secondary group-version when combined to a package.
The problem seems to have stemmed from you trying to use the
group-version without using the package.  Since you ignored the
individual version numbers when you manually split the engines out,
can't you fix this by continuing to ignore the version numbers and
just use what is sane for you?  Am I missing something?

Elijah