Re: Not OK computer:/// [was Re: Should Desktop = Home?]

On 05/10/04 05:48, Alan Horkan wrote:

It breaks things.  file:/// is a perfectly good protocol, computer:/// is
compatible only with Nautilus (and disturbingly like the c:/ drive from
Microsoft, I'm not just being anti-Microsoft it really is a bad idea).

In a default Gnome install, I don't see the term "computer:///" used anywhere. To see it, I'd have to do one of two things:

  1. type ctrl+L and type "computer:///"
  2. use the browser mode, show the location bar and choose "Computer"
     from the places menu.

It is just an implementation detail, and isn't obviously exposed to the user.

James.

--
Email: james jamesh id au
WWW:   http://www.jamesh.id.au/