Re: Proposal: replacing esound with polypaudio in 2.10

On Tue, 02.11.04 21:27, Alan Cox (alan lxorguk ukuu org uk) wrote:

> running on such a machine. However your sound daemon runs on the viewing
> box which may well be a geode (crap FPU), VIA eden (crap FPU), old 486
> (crap/no fpu) and the like, especially for the many educational sites
> that run LTSP.
>
> So yes some basic integer rate adaption as an option is appropriate, and
> simply extracting the existing esd one and adding it to the selection
> will do nicely.

Ok, ok. I will add such a shortcut as soon as I find the time to.

> (I assume the audio library tests the performance of the different
> algorithms to pick one ?)

No, it doesn't. The user may configure which algorithm he wants to
use. The default is SRC_SINC_FASTEST which the fastest sinc
interpolator available in the library.

Lennart

--
name { Lennart Poettering } loc { Hamburg - Germany }
mail { mzft (at) 0pointer (dot) de } gpg { 1A015CC4 }