Re: GNOME Printing

> Another alternative as I mentioned originally is for libgnomeprint to
> signal eggcups with the job ids.  That way you get notification for
> GNOME applications, but not e.g. lpr.

I know this is totally horrible, but I want to suggest it for completeness.

One could ask Fam to notify us when the contents of the local spool
changes, which would kick off eggcups repolling.

Yes, it is a hack. A very very very very bad hack. But it may get the job
done until proper notification support can be implemented in CUPs...

Please don't have a lower opinion of me for mentioning this idea... it
just popped in my head. Haha.