Re: Proposed: Evolution (and associated libs)

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 10:09, Keith Sharp wrote:

> I would suggest that there is a bit of a chicken and egg situation with
> E-D-S.  If it is included in 2.6 then more people will become aware of
> it, and more apps will use it.  If it is not included then these apps
> will take far longer to appear, and will probably be driven by the
> inclusion of E-D-S in distros rather than GNOME.

	The commonly shared wisdom is that you don't put infrastructure in the
desktop unless something is using it. My point is that, currently,
anything that uses e-d-s in the desktop isn't actually useful unless
evolution is also in the desktop.

	There's no chicken and egg. You just add both or none. After that
happens, we might then see wider adoption that would give you reason to
think about e-d-s independantly of evolution. But I don't see any reason
to view e-d-s that way *yet*.

Cheers,
Mark.