Re: filename translation implementation - how to decide

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 00:31 +0100, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> Yesterday at 23:15, Jamie McCracken wrote:
>
> > If you want to write to desktop you always use  fdo_get_desktop_dir (as
> > you would with g_get_home_dir)
>
> This is not scalable enough, since that doesn't solve the problem of
> "Templates", "Public", "Documents", and whatever we may think up
> later.
>
> Unless you're talking about API addition for each directory we
> introduce (be it through enum's or through function calls).

Of course - we should have the same for all special folders eg
fdo_get_documents_dir, fdo_get_documents_displayname etc (or as you say
enum them instead).

I would also suggest returning the home dir for any directory thats does
not exist on the host system.

jamie.