Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 23:14 +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Jamie McCracken wrote:
>
> > Really? Well all modern distros are shipping non-native apps like
> > Firefox as their default browser - you sure we want to ignore them?
>
> I can't just let this pass. Mandrakesoft doesn't even have Firefox in
> their main repository. Debian unstable has Epiphany default. Last I
> heard SuSE's GNOME used Epiphany by default as well (but that might have
> changed).

Ubuntu and FC3 do (hence use of my term *modern* distros as opposed to
the more traditional ones you mentioned).

I dont know about novel's desktop but you get the picture - *modern*
distros are heading towards having firefox as default on Gnome and its
only a matter of time until the not so modern distros do likewise so we
cant rely on having an exclusively Gnome world anymore.

jamie.