Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 11:18 -0500, Dan Winship wrote:
> > So I'm not saying we should ignore those scenarios, but I am saying that
> > once you start compromising the "office productivity user" sort of
> > experience to preserve them, it will create fundamental limitations on
> > our ability to create a usable system.
>
> But I don't think there's a consensus that the gettext solution is the
> less-compromising of the two.

I'm OK with using the symlink or other solution on the grounds that it's
better for Abby the office productivity worker, if we think that is the
case.

If we are shafting Abby on the grounds that we can't improve anything
because then it will be different from Motif/shell, then that is what I
have a problem with.

It's important to be clear about why things are done, I think. I care a
lot more about that than exactly what decision we make in this specific
case.

Havoc