Re: An object Oriented File Manager Design

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 17:32, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:

> >So, to sum up, a) delays/timeouts are not accessible,
> >
> agree
>
> >and b) context
> >menues still are a crappy UI since they are not consistantly available,
> >and do not provide reliable behaviour/functionality.
> >
> You're saying that you're not getting a glass of water because you're
> thirsty.  Look at the circular logic.  The whole point of contextizing
> this "object oriented" file manager is to provide consistent context menus.

As I understood it, the idea would be for the context menu to be the
only way of accessing most (if not all) operations.  That's quite a
different thing than having context menues.  I'm all for destroying
context menues altogether, but if we have them in one place, I want them
everywhere.

We just shouldn't have to rely on them for basic operations in an
application when no other app does so, or even uses context-menues to
begin with.  This isn't just fixing one app that's missing/misusing
them, it's making an app rely entirely on them.