Re: gnome-terminal awfully slow
- From: Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin redhat com>
- To: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
- Cc: Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, Hidetoshi Tajima <hidetoshi tajima sun com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, marney beard sun com
- Subject: Re: gnome-terminal awfully slow
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:09:44 -0500
On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 08:29:39PM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> Maybe it would be a good idea to give Nalin some pointers on what he
> should do to finish off the a11y support.
That would be great. The version included in the 2.2 release (and for
that matter the gnome-2-2 branch) works as well as I can test it -- I
spent an inordinate amount of time last night trying to track down what
I thought was a bug in the accessibility peer only to find it was a bug
in my test program.
The source tree includes that test program -- it's called "reflect", and
it instantiates a widget and uses its AtkText peer to control the
contents of a label. By default, versions which use the GtkTextView and
vte widgets are built, and if you have libzvt installed, a version which
uses zvt is also built. So far it's helped me track down some parts of
The vte and GtkTextView versions both appear to work correctly, and the
text information in the Text tab of the ferret window looks correct, but
I think that's the limit of what I can test.
] [Thread Prev