Re: gnome-terminal awfully slow
- From: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
- To: Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>
- Cc: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, Hidetoshi Tajima <hidetoshi tajima sun com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, marney beard sun com
- Subject: Re: gnome-terminal awfully slow
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:29:39 +0800
Bill Haneman wrote:
This is an interesting example to bring up given that the libzvt we
shipped in gnome 2.0 had bad i18n support. So it seems we have moved to
a terminal widget with much better i18n support (UTF-8, etc), but with
incomplete accessibility support. The new widget also has a
maintainable code base _and_ a maintainer which is a plus.
Jeff: in that case we should abandon mention of a11y as a feature. From
an a11y perspective a fully-working accessible terminal is a
cornerstone, it would be like shipping gnome-2.2 without
internationalization support on the basis that an english-only component
had fewer bugs and was better maintained.
Maybe it would be a good idea to give Nalin some pointers on what he
should do to finish off the a11y support. It would probably be quite
helpful to know exactly what needs to be done in VTE rather than just
hearing that it's support is broken over and over again.
Email: james daa com au
] [Thread Prev