Re: gnome-terminal awfully slow

> Yes, VTE is slower than ZVT, but I seriously doubt it is solely
> responsible for this. Additionally, I think you'd be hard pressed to
> find a gnome-terminal compiled with zvt at this point.  Which terminal
> did you run ls -lR in first? Remember that the kernel caches reads and
> that makes a *serious* difference. Running:

Is VTE a compile-time option?  If so then I am concerned since we
haven't been able to verify the accessibility of VTE yet (at last check,
it failed to emit necessary events when text content or text caret
changed).

Of course it might be working but I think we should be very cautious
about swapping out components at build time (as opposed to
user-selectable runtime options) if we haven't yet verified their
accessibility.

Bill

--
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>