Re: gnome-terminal awfully slow

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 10:49:46PM +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
> The fact that vte was compiled into 2.2 was *not* highlighted in the
> runup to 2.2.  I think it's quite possible that our terminal
> accessibility has considerably regressed from 2.0, and that's not
> good.

My memory is that we had several long threads about this which you
were involved in.

I think I made it quite clear that unless someone fixed Zvt, I was
moving to VTE. Accessibility is important, but we aren't going to
stick to seriously broken/inadequate/unmaintained code just because it
is equally broken for everyone.

Havoc