Re: gpdf [Was: 2.3 Proposed Features]

Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Jaka Mocnik">
>
> > I'd be extremely happy as well if gpdf was used for displaying PDFs, as
> > ggv is primarily a postscript previewer - current pdf support in ggv is
> > poor compared to what PDF offers.

GPdf's rendering is currently not as good as GhostScript's in many cases
(the fonts, clipped text). But PDF's interactive features can be
implemented quite easily using Xpdf's code.

> > I also think we should try and unify the user interface for both
> > postscript and pdf previewing so that both ggv and gpdf components may be
> > used in the same shell.

Different components supporting their file format well without confusing
the user with multiple shells. The way to bonobo nirvana.

> Jaka, you're such a legend. :-) If we assume for the moment that the 2.4
> release process will be another six-monther, would you guys be keen on doing
> this by then?

I certainly am.

	Martin