Proposal: "Preview" shell for EoG/gpdf/ggv

Hi Martin, Jaka and Jens,

So, Martin and Jaka have already posted about the idea of a single shell for
viewing PS and PDF files using the ggv and gpdf backends.

It occured to me this afternoon that EoG worked exactly the same way - it's
an image viewing component with a minimal shell. Wouldn't it be cool if all
three components used the same shell for static document viewing? (It would
work very similarly to Apple's "Preview" utility in OS X.) Other apps could
easily install components for this shell too... Holy cow -> Bonobo in the
real world!

Someone is going to ask the question: "Isn't Nautilus supposed to be this
'super shell', huh?" The only sensible answer to that, of course, is: "You
are an idiot." But seriously, Nautilus is really not the best place to be
viewing files. Custom file list views, sure. Weird file viewers where files
are meant to be, no.

Martin reckons he's ready to do this kind of thing for 2.4... How about it?

Rock on!

- Jeff

--
     "I guess there's part of me that's always resented it... to be an
   actor, you have to have someone else say yes to you." - Edward Norton