Re: gnome-terminal awfully slow. :-(

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 03:23, Vlad Berditchevskiy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it just me or did someone else noticed that gnome-terminal became
> awfully slow in the recent version? It's about 35 (thirty five!) times
> slower on text output than in Gnome 2.0.x. :-( The slowness is even
> noticable by just moving the terminal window around the desktop. Not
> only the terminal text is slow, but also the menu. Other gnome 2.2
> programs seem to be very fast[1], so it's only the terminal problem.
>
> ____
> [1] Except Nautilus

Do you by any chance have an NVidia card and did you recently install
the latest driver from nvidia.com?

If so, it's the nvidia driver which is causing the slowness in Nautilus
(don't remember if it also slows down gnome-terminal). Downgrade to the
previous version and things should work ok again.

Jeroen