2.2 was a *five* month process [Was: 2.3 Proposed Features]

<quote who="Christian Meyer">

> I'm quite sceptical about your opinion. Gnome 2.0 -> Gnome 2.2 was approx.
> 7.5 months and it didn't hurt us at all. I think it won't hurt if Gnome
> 2.4 will be released in early September,

I'd just like to point out that the 7.5 months figure is not correct. The
"official" 2.2 development period ran from around September 6th to February
5th. That's *FIVE* months almost to the day.

The reason why we had a shorter development period is because we spent a lot
of time on the three post-2.0 point releases.

- Jeff

--
       "A rest with a fermata is the moral opposite of the fast food
           restaurant with express lane." - James Gleick, Faster