Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - 2 weeks left

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 02:01:01PM -0400, Louis Garcia wrote:
> Are you saying that mozilla is ending development and going away? Or
> just development to fully integrate into gtk2/gnome2 desktop but still
> provide the GRE?

GRE will remain, Phoenix (Firebird) will remain, but Mozilla the
current frontend is going away. i.e. the current menubars/toolbars
codebase, and the idea of a single app containing both email and
browser. That is dead-ended.

See http://www.mozilla.org/roadmap.html

(It does say that if a bunch of people step up to maintain the current
frontend, they would consider keeping it in CVS for those people to
maintain. But I doubt a bunch of people will step up.)

Havoc