Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - 2 weeks left

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 17:49, Havoc Pennington wrote:
regarding Epiphany in gnome 2.4:

> I would guess that for 2.4 there will be at least some features
> missing (docs, perhaps; doubtless some button in Mozilla is must-have
> to someone; unknown if accessibility will happen in time), but as long
> as the browser is stable and usable I think it's OK to ship it,

I'd really hate to ship gnome 2.4 with gnopernicus and gok but with an
inaccessible browser, when a browser that works with gnome accessibility
is available from elsewhere :-/

seems to send conflicting signals.

of course it's not certain that gnopernicus will make the cut for 2.4
yet but we+BAUM are trying and I think it's a good possibility.

I know that a desktop without a browser is not good, but we have a
similar "works with but not part of" situation with OpenOffice ATM and
have had the same situation with Mozilla since GNOME's infancy.  So I
guess I'd rather wait till 2.6 to bundle a browser if we can't get the
ATK stuff working outside of Mozilla in time for 2.4.

(my opinion, I know some will differ).

- Bill