Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

Hi,

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Alan Johnson wrote:

> Patience seems to be the best point of action on this. People for the
> most part are using Gaim it seems, anyway.  Why not hold off on saying
> that we have a solution until there truly is a Gnome integrated
> application to offer.

In principle, I would agree - but then File Roller comes to mind. Its
GNOME-integration level is doubtful and its HIG compliance doesn't exist.
Yet it was included with 2.2 to finally offer archiving functionality in
the desktop. I fail to see why IM is less important than archiving and
hence postponing it to 2.6.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778