Re: Killing views [Was: Dealing with files in Gnome]

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 13:11, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 19:06, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> >
> > CUPS then has to actually be in use on the majority of Free OS's then
> > for it to be The GNOME Printing System.  RedHat used LPRng by default
> > until RH9, Slackware(iirc) just switched to lprng from an older system,
> > etc.
>
> Nope, RH has been using CUPS as the default since 7.3.

Eh?  I'm farily sure it's LPRng by default.  Heck, as an example, the
RH9 Changelog/Relnotes states that "CUPS is now the default" which
implies that previously it wasn't, which is backed up by the fact that
LPRng was the default on my RH8 install.  ^,^

CUPS *has* always been an option in RedHat, however - at least in 7.3
and 8.0 (haven't used RH before 7.3 since 6.1).