Re: Killing views [Was: Dealing with files in Gnome]

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 13:06, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 12:07, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> > On Thursday 03 April 2003 17:13, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> >
> > Yes, this is definately true. This also doesn't change the fact that on Linux
> > systems I pretty much think that CUPS is better and easier to administrate
> > than LprNG + Apsfilter and imo a good direction as printing solution. If
> > there are other solutions for commercial other *nix'es then fine.
>
> CUPS then has to actually be in use on the majority of Free OS's then
> for it to be The GNOME Printing System.  RedHat used LPRng by default
> until RH9, Slackware(iirc) just switched to lprng from an older system,
> etc.

RH has had CUPS as the default system since at least 8.0...and possibly
7.3.  Mandrake has had CUPS as the default for quite a while now and
MacOS X (I know, not a free OS, but Darwin is) uses CUPS as the default
at least since 10.2.  I don't know about any of the *BSDs.