Re: freeze status [was desktop preferences dialogs]

On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 19:03, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Luis Villa <louie ximian com> writes:
> > Off the top of my head:
> > *final modules list :/
> > *theme capplet functionality
> > *new wireless applet has no preferences window, AFAICS; if it's not
> > there it needs to be implemented.
> > *further theme packaging/distribution, if there is to be any. [I really
> > want there to be some :)
> >

> I want to land launch feedback. I think Lubos and I have the spec
> about nailed, will be posting a proposal to xdg-list, and then the
> feature involves some metacity and libwnck type stuff.  I have a
> little library for it we might add to the module list, or we could
> just cut-and-paste the lib around.

Ah, cool. I'm reminded by /. that if we have decent randr support in
gtk, metacity, and panel, we might want to have something for it in the
control center. That's the kind of complex 'getting it right' thing that
we /definitely/ want to get in early or not at all- both to give time to
test it and to give the UI people time to mull over the interface a bit.

Luis