Re: background/font capplets
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Luis Villa <louie ximian com>
- Cc: Bradford Hovinen <hovinen ximian com>, Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: background/font capplets
- Date: 13 Mar 2002 10:47:45 -0500
Luis Villa <louie ximian com> writes:
> OK, so... maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but why are we doing
> what sounds a lot like a complete rewrite at this point in the game?
Because we can't change the schemas later, because it's not a
dangerous rewrite - the capplets are simple - and because the current
stuff is really embarassingly bad.
I don't want to ship the current font/background capplets in Red Hat,
for example. They are too lame. So I'd replace them in a RH patch.
But I really think it should be fixed upstream.
Anyhow, even if we don't want the UI change - which should have gone
in long, long ago - we still _must_ get in the schemas change, if we
want to change it ever.
] [Thread Prev