Re: A Violent Realisation [Was: Preferences]

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 12:59, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> And again, that's the ONLY feature that is intrinsic to viewports.
>
> So what you have there is a list of features that should be decided on
> individually, case-by-case, but none of them imply anything about
> desktops vs. viewports. ;-)
>
> Havoc

As I tried to say, I don't care semantics, so long as functionality is
there, works, works well and consumes only the resouces that are
necessary or reasonable beyond that.

I guess my question, as I am getting a little lost, since I don't know
the terms very well (I prefer lower level programming where there really
isn't a UI) is this:  Viewports are the one going out or are desktops?
Which allows windows to be half in one and the other?

Anyway, as I said, the only feature I don't care to much about is this
one, though I do make use of it from time to time, I don't like it as
much.

Thank you for responding and for being patient with me.

Trever Adams