Re: A Violent Realisation [Was: Preferences]

> I want to see how many viewport complaints we get once the grid-based
> keybindings are implemented. Then if we are still deluged we should
> try changing desktops to viewports, or (maybe) try adding edge
> flipping. Or maybe just try waiting for people to adapt, crazy as that
> is...

Well, I hate keybindings.  Right now, I hate how I can't use f-10 to
quit in mc because gnome2 terminal things that means pull down the file
menu.  I am not interested in it.

Here are my complaints.  I liked the grid in the switcher/desk-guide.  I
liked having 4 views.  I liked being able to have a window half in the
current 'view' (desks/viewport, I don't care).  I liked being able to
drag a window from one view to another.  I like that I could move the
mouse to the edge, wait a bit and be to another view (based on which
edge I was on).  I hate having the deskguide as is now in Gnome 2
because instead of making a grid, it makes multiple boxes.  I don't want
more panel space taken, I want that dang grid.

Anyway, as long as the majority of the above is broken/not-present I
know of at least a few people (myself and several friends/family
members) who will be pasting those bug reports that you will be
expecting to go away.  About the only feature I may not care much about
if the rest are done is having a window half in one view and half in
another.  The naming doesn't matter to me.

Trever Adams