Re: [Deskbar] The future of Deskbar

> Therefore I suggest a compromise. Make a sane installation mechanism in
> the pref ui - besides the NewStuffManager. I have never liked the idea
> of people having to drop files in ~/.gnome2/deskbar-applet/handlers.
>
> Maybe just dropping a file (with py,tgz,tbz2 etc) onto the handler list?
> This would just copy/extract to g2/db/handlers, and then auto enable.
> This is much like the theme manager, so people should be used to this.

I like that idea !

Maybe we could integrate this with newstuff manager, by presenting two
columns, on the left available plugins, from manager and on the right,
the installled plugins. If you drag from availabl to installed then it
installs. Reverse and it uninstalls (also have +, - buttons).

Then if you drag a package in the available list it also installs (maybe
with a call to newstuff manager, we should allow that too
InstallPackage(source_file))

Raf.