Re: Is beagle completely dead now?

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 4:44 PM, guido iodice <guido iodice gmail com> wrote:
> It is very sad that mono folks are so committed with applications like
> f-spot or banshee, that have many good alternatives, or on mono-mac,
> mono-iOS, mono-android mono-whatyouwant, while Beagle died.

I can't really blame them.  The GNOME landscape is (or at least, was)
*so hostile* toward Mono apps that I am surprised that Banshee or
F-Spot survived, frankly.  A major reason why I gave up on Beagle and
the whole Linux desktop itself was due to this attitude.  I guess the
developers of those apps are more thick skinned or resilient than I
was?  I don't know.

On the other hand, Mono on iOS, Android, etc. have all been warmly
welcomed by the communities that adopt them -- and they have much
larger user bases to boot.  Why wouldn't they target them?

> In the past I appreciate beaglefs that could be the first step of a
> next generation database-based filesystem. Now I use mono to cut my
> photos.

Thanks.  It was a lot of fun to work on over the years.