Re: Opera backend for Beagle

> I found why I didn't get any +url messages. Its because of Gentoo
> portage and my stupidness. There was a patch in gentoo to make debug
> output less (I don't know for what) and it was automatically applied

Ah. Ok.

> Now about the problem with indexing itself. As I've already said, I'm
> using Opera 9.50 Beta builds. After downgrading to latest stable
> release of old 9.2 branch (9.24) the situation with indexing changed
> slightly. Now almost all pages are indexed successfully. I say
> "almost" because I found at least one page which is not indexed on my
> system even with Opera 9.24. Unfortunately, the site is on Russian,
> but there's a lot of English words. Here's the link:
> It may ask use

I checked in a patch last night which might be helpful, can you sync
with trunk and try again ? One thing you can do is to just save the
file and run "beagle-extract-content --mimetype text/html
/path/to/file.html" on it. See what gets indexed.

> So, for me:
> Opera 9.24 + beagle = almost everything is ok, except the example with
> where the main part of the page is not indexed
> Opera 9.50 + beagle = many sites are not indexed.

Try the trunk, maybe it will be better :)

> Debajyoti, I think that you can easily reproduce the problem by
> upgrading Opera to 9.5 beta.

I will try to upgrade to 9.5 and see if I can reproduce this, but I
cant promise it will be before 0.3 (sorry).

- dBera

Debajyoti Bera @
beagle / KDE fan
Mandriva / Inspiron-1100 user

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]