Re: beagle - can it clean up after itself?

> > >  1.  I've noticed that beagle fills my /tmp directory with scores of
> > > files named according to the pattern "tmpxxxxxxx.tmp".
> > >       When can these be safely  deleted, and can beagle take care of
> > > doing that itself?
> >
> > Beagle is supposed to automatically delete them. When beagle is not
> > running, there should not be any tmp*.tmp files in the /tmp directory.
> > Those can be safely deleted when beagle is not running. In fact, if
> > there are tmp files then its is a serious BUG.
>
> Hmmm... I just looked in my /tmp and found about 240 of these files. I
> just ran beagle-shutdown and those files are still there. Using the
> command, 'du -hc tmp*tmp' shows me that they total about 8.3MB.

Which beagle version do you have ? And what kind of files are those ? I mean,
do they look like emails, email attachments, contents of some zip file ? I
guess they are emails or email attachments, but please check. If they are
email related, which email client do you use ?