Re: beagle - can it clean up after itself?

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 13:23 -0500, D Bera wrote:
> >  1.  I've noticed that beagle fills my /tmp directory with scores of files
> > named according to the pattern "tmpxxxxxxx.tmp".
> >       When can these be safely  deleted, and can beagle take care of doing
> > that itself?
>
> Beagle is supposed to automatically delete them. When beagle is not
> running, there should not be any tmp*.tmp files in the /tmp directory.
> Those can be safely deleted when beagle is not running. In fact, if
> there are tmp files then its is a serious BUG.

Hmmm... I just looked in my /tmp and found about 240 of these files. I
just ran beagle-shutdown and those files are still there. Using the
command, 'du -hc tmp*tmp' shows me that they total about 8.3MB.

Rick
--
Rick's Law: What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.
PGP Key Id: 9E1125E0