Re: Conduit Nokia N810

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 14:20 +0100, John Carr wrote:
> >  > If anyone is familiar with getting things into the maemo repositories,
> >  > could you ping me with any info on what I need to do?
> >
> >  I have no personal experience but I just looked and found this guide.
> >
> >  http://maemo.org/community/application-catalog/developer-manual.html
> >
> >  It looks fairly straight forward.
> >
> >  digger
>
> Hi digger
>
> Thanks for the link. If i'm reading it properly, it seems to be for
> publishing an application on the maemo website? I've bookmarked that
> for when things are a bit more stable - we aren't really ready for an
> influx of users until we've shaken it a bit more thoroughly.
>
> Right now I want to be able to upload these packages to the maemo apt
> repository, rather than having to set up yet *another* third party
> repository.

Yeah, you're right.  That is to publish the package.  I think I found
the right link this time.

http://maemo.org/community/application-catalog/extras_repository.html

They sure didn't make it easy (for me anyway) to find.  There is also an
extras-devel repository. I don't know what the distinction is.  Maybe
that's the repository you'd want for now?

digger