Re: Using growisofs without genisoimage?

Le mardi 19 janvier 2010 à 10:57 +0100, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
Le mardi 19 janvier 2010 à 10:10 +0100, Joerg Schilling a écrit :
> I am not sure in what relation you are to brasero....

I am one of the packagers of brasero for Debian.

> If brasero would be changed to no longer support mkisofs, this would make
> brasero unusable.

The current version in Debian has zero support for mkisofs/genisoimage,
nor for cdrecord/wodim. I have yet to see bug reports pouring in
explaining that it is unusable.

Thanks to Philippe’s explanations, I’ll re-add a brasero-cdrkit package
for CD-TEXT and video DVD support, but it will not be installed by
default.
Note that since version 2.29 brasero automatically asks packagekit to download a missing functionality, not only gstreamer plugins (it already does) but also libraries and applications. So from 2.29, if brasero sees it cannot burn say a video DVD because a plugin told him mkisofs or genisoimage are missing it will ask packagekit to download it so it can do the job.

That makes your solution completely workable as the user would really get genisoimage when it really needs it and without effort/automatically.
Now I don't know if packagekit is functionnal on Debian??

Philippe