Using growisofs without genisoimage?

Hi,

I’d like to get entirely rid of the genisoimage dependency in our
brasero packages. Replacing the genisoimage plugin by the libisofs one
is easy, but there is an indirect dependency remaining in the growisofs
plugin.

Practically speaking, this plugin uses the -Z device=path syntax in most
cases, which means genisoimage is not used at all and the image is
generated by brasero’s libisofs code.

However, it seems to use genisoimage in some cases - if I understand the
code correctly, mostly when appending a new data session. I don’t know
the growisofs internals well, but would it be possible to also let
brasero generate the data on-the-fly in these cases, getting rid of the
genisoimage dependency, or would it require some changes in growisofs to
do that?

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette