Re: Using growisofs without genisoimage?

Le lundi 18 janvier 2010 à 17:11 +0100, Philippe Rouquier a écrit :
> That said, in this case, if, in addition to growisofs, you have
> libisofs+libburn installed, brasero will use these two latter plugins
> instead of growisofs to do the job exactly the same as it would be
> done by growisofs + genisoimage. So in the end if you have libisofs
> +libburn around this is not an issue.

Oh great, so this is already the case and we could remove the strict
dependency of growisofs on genisoimage then. Perfect!

> Unfortunately, there is another issue to consider if you remove
> genisoimage entirely and want to use only libisofs: video DVDs. These
> require UDF which is still not supported by libisofs. So without
> genisoimage and/or mkisofs, no video DVDs.

OK, so I guess I’ll drop video DVD support by default, but keep a
genisoimage plugin around in a separate package that is not installed by
default, for those who need it.

> If it was not for UDF functionality, you could have brasero working at
> its best with only cdrdao (needed for audio CD-TEXT and BIN images),
> libburn, libisofs.

AFAICS, while cdrdao is able to write CD-TEXT, the cdrdao plugin does
not implement it. Has it changed recently?

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :