Re: Brasero 2.27.91 release

Denis Leroy <denis poolshark org> wrote:

> On 09/02/2009 03:08 PM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > Sun is one of the _very_ _few_ neutral third parties......Sun is the first
> > target for someone who would sue someone for cdrtools. So if Sun believes that
> > there is no problem you could be _very_ _very_ sure that this is correct.
>
> I'm not sure at all. I have read the legal review (I work for Sun), but
> I won't comment further. All I can say is that Sun is extremely biased
> and defensive when it comes to things involving the CDDL.

Well, it seems that you confirm my statements. Sun is very defensive because
they are in fear of being sued. So if there is any probability for being sued,
Sun will stop distrbitung software (like they did e.g. with libcdio).

I don't know what Simon Phipps did tell Debian but it must have been convinvcing
as the result was that Debian agreed on starting to distribute cdrtools again
as soon as possible.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg schily isdn cs tu-berlin de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       js cs tu-berlin de                (uni)